Wednesday, June 10, 2009

my season pass has arrived!

yes! I got mail today,.... how exciting huh when this arrived...


this is my season pass for the Ohau ski field, very close to Twizel, in fact only 45 mins drive by car away,

so no guesses as to how I might pass my days when I eventually join Rowing Man in Twizel! I simply cannot wait! We have had our ski and snow boarding gear up there since the end of last winter, but for some really bizarre reason we have not skied here - we tend to head to Queenstown or Wanaka, but now that we are about to be local residents, how can we resist - obviously not now that we have season passes ...

...the last time we were skiing was at Whistler and Revelstoke in Canada at New Years - oh what fun!

I have never seen so much snow!

and look at this view, this run is called Seventh Heaven, (@ Whistler/Blackcomb Ski field) - no explanation needed huh..

and this is where daughter #4 (Lexigirl) was living while she was in Revelstoke, Canada with her boyfriend Mikey.. they are now in Europe, they headed to Chamonix for the rest of the ski season, and now are lapping up the sunshine in the South of France, ... (oh to be young and free spirited again...)

We are off to Rotorua for the weekend, beginning tomorrow (YAY for very long weekends albeit working ones). Rowing Man is attending the GP (family doctor), conference, and I get to tag along... as part of my work. Well is is relevant... and I get a cheaper deal if I tag along, which makes my employer very happy indeed!

I have not been to Rotorua for many, many years, maybe about twenty or so... hmmmmmmm looooonnnnnnnnnng time!

It is apparently, this is the best place to get a mud wrap... so I am sure that I will find some "spare" time over the next four days for one of these, this is a conference workshop that I just DO NOT want to miss!!

more next week!

Have fun, Shiree

p.s. packing the stitching too!!!!!


5 comments:

loulee said...

Beautiful snow scenes.
Enjoy your skiing. I'll miss the snow, we won't be in NZ until late October.

Cardygirl said...

Have fun...love the snowy pics!

Julz said...

Enjoy your weekend in Roto-vegas :) Love the snow pics - and added bonus shifting to Twizel for you both :) Not long until July - counting down !! Hugs Jx

aussiequilter said...

Shiree-I am so jealous.I skiied there nearly 30 years ago-yikes!!!!!Have fun in Roturua-does it still smell like rotten eggs! lol! cheers Teri

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! I love skiing. I hope you have a lovely time and manage to fit in a little of the conference in your spare time. LOL