Thursday, July 16, 2009

me and my friends... and I do have some

well, at last! the end - or almost - of yet one more week. 10 more to go until the end of September and I can join Rowing Man in Twizel -you will all be so sick of hearing about this very shortly I can tell -

Anyway, off to Levin with miss over excited who you would think never gets out of the house - well at least of late since she is recovering from back surgery, and banned from driving...

So... 4 of us are attending the quilting retreat at Cherry Pie in Levin, (me, Colleen, Deb n Darlene), I have been looking forward to this for ages, and I know that the others have been too.... just what we all need I am sure.

I need to pack some of this...

and some of this...
into one of these.

Usually I am pretty ace at packing, whenever we travel overseas, I can usually get my bag at about 10-14kgs, however, my # 1 daughter (eco-woman, aka tree hugger), wants me to take some of her stuff up for her. She is currently living in Wellington (and I pass through Wellington to get to Levin), while she is doing some further study at Victoria University. She wants a duvet cover, inner, bike helmet, and several other bits n bobs as well...

It don't fit well!!! Hrmphh...

Have a real fun weekend!

Shiree

7 comments:

Julz said...

Yay - only three more sleeps and I get to meet you, Deb, Darlene, Colleen, and another blogger Carole - so looking foward to meeting you all on Sunday :) Safe travels, stitch, gossip, shop and eat like crazy over the next few days. Hugs Jxx

Cardygirl said...

Have a great time...you lucky things!Looking forward to seeing the pics of your retreat.

Anonymous said...

Getting away with friends sounds fun and exciting. Safe travels and lots of good wishes for special days and lots and lots of fun.

Unknown said...

I know you all will have a Great time..Especially the Birthday Gal...can't wait to see what you get up too...stitching that is..lol
cheers

Anonymous said...

Have a lovely time Shiree. LOL There were a few cases like that to fit in the car when I took daughter and her friends up to the lakes.

Hope you have a lot of fun.

RobynK said...

Have a lovely retreat Shiree. How IO wish I had a fraction of your energy.! lol.

Cheers RobynK

Sew Useful Designs said...

Hi Shiree! :-)

Here's wishing you a truly magical weekend! How exciting!!

Hugs!
Vikki xx