Thursday, July 16, 2009

me and my friends... and I do have some

well, at last! the end - or almost - of yet one more week. 10 more to go until the end of September and I can join Rowing Man in Twizel -you will all be so sick of hearing about this very shortly I can tell -

Anyway, off to Levin with miss over excited who you would think never gets out of the house - well at least of late since she is recovering from back surgery, and banned from driving...

So... 4 of us are attending the quilting retreat at Cherry Pie in Levin, (me, Colleen, Deb n Darlene), I have been looking forward to this for ages, and I know that the others have been too.... just what we all need I am sure.

I need to pack some of this...

and some of this...
into one of these.

Usually I am pretty ace at packing, whenever we travel overseas, I can usually get my bag at about 10-14kgs, however, my # 1 daughter (eco-woman, aka tree hugger), wants me to take some of her stuff up for her. She is currently living in Wellington (and I pass through Wellington to get to Levin), while she is doing some further study at Victoria University. She wants a duvet cover, inner, bike helmet, and several other bits n bobs as well...

It don't fit well!!! Hrmphh...

Have a real fun weekend!

Shiree

7 comments:

Julz said...

Yay - only three more sleeps and I get to meet you, Deb, Darlene, Colleen, and another blogger Carole - so looking foward to meeting you all on Sunday :) Safe travels, stitch, gossip, shop and eat like crazy over the next few days. Hugs Jxx

Cardygirl said...

Have a great time...you lucky things!Looking forward to seeing the pics of your retreat.

Connie W said...

Getting away with friends sounds fun and exciting. Safe travels and lots of good wishes for special days and lots and lots of fun.

Maree said...

I know you all will have a Great time..Especially the Birthday Gal...can't wait to see what you get up too...stitching that is..lol
cheers

Melanie said...

Have a lovely time Shiree. LOL There were a few cases like that to fit in the car when I took daughter and her friends up to the lakes.

Hope you have a lot of fun.

RobynK said...

Have a lovely retreat Shiree. How IO wish I had a fraction of your energy.! lol.

Cheers RobynK

Sew Useful Designs said...

Hi Shiree! :-)

Here's wishing you a truly magical weekend! How exciting!!

Hugs!
Vikki xx