Tuesday, August 25, 2009

how many different ways can you do toast?

well what happens when you get home late from work, you have really good intentions of "tonight I will cook a decent meal", you walk in the door, bring in the washing, shut the windows, draw the curtains, get the snail mail, turn the kettle on for a cuppa, empty the dishwasher, quickly run the vacuum, cleaner over so you can sit down later and stitch in peace knowing it started off clean and tidy, check e-mail and blogland - finally made the cuppa after tipping the first one out after it went cold, oops dally just a bit too long... so easy to do, every one is just so busy and creative and inspiring....

WHOOPS, it is now 8.00pm, and you still need to eat, not much chance of that healthy cooked meal now, and it's getting just a bit late to be eating it too...

hmmmmmmmmmmm... how many different ways can you eat toast, and still have a relatively healthy meal???

well if have pita bread

and some fresh tomatoes and avocado...

add a little bit of hummus spread - Lisa's feta and garlic is so my favourite!

or maybe some garlic mushrooms...

some of these spreads may do huh???

but certainly this lettuce and radishes on the side are a more healthy option...

or maybe this is a great source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids...

and this could be a very quick topping too, although lots of Vit c, it's not really that healthy a choice methinks...

oh well, at least the cuppa goes down well.... tomorrow night I swear I will cook a decent meal...
Saved, my Mum has phoned to say Dad has cooked enough for Africa, do I want some leftovers

you betcha I do,

.....and I need to get off to the gym as well, not much exercising being done, no early morning gym sessions with rowing man, no evening ones either with rowing boy, he's torn a shoulder muscle, so really feeling really lazy and sluggish - whatever happened to my well organised routine...

hmmmmmm one day.... sooon.....

have fun all,

Shiree

4 comments:

Deb said...

Shiree isn't toast and avocado your standard fare???

Cardygirl said...

Thank goodness for frozen leftovers I say! Some days it is all just too hard...thank goodness for Mum & Dad! How is your mum after her fall?

Anonymous said...

Leftovers are good. :-) After shopping with daughter yesterday in heels I was fit for nothing. Lovely Hubby ended up cooking while I sat still sharpening pencils and binning dry felt tips. LOL

Thank heavens for these men who cook.

zigzago said...

Shiree, I'm glad you love my tutorial. English version is comming later today! If you make the bag if you want yo can mention my tutorial? Hugs, ... and thanks for visiting! Renata.