Well, auction night has come and gone, and I still own this property...
hmmmm how do I feel about that- disappointed? devastated? optimistic? hopeful?
so now, we .. or rather I, 'cos Rowing Man is in Washington as I write, and I am thinking, wishing that maybe .. yes maybe I should have, could have run away with him.. Houston is some way from Washington huh? but it might have been fun sorting it all out to get there....
Never sure about auctions, but there had been quite a number of homes that have sold recently at auction, and the real estate market apparently is on the up, and houses are still selling despite the recession, and if you are a Gareth Morgan follower and believe in his financial forecasts, real estate is on an upward trend line.
The house down the road has just sold, and probably similar in some respects (of course I think that our house is much nicer, but then I am biased, and I have lived in this one), so I ask myself, and the real estate agent, can I get a similar price?? The half-a-million dollar question???
Sooooooooo... do we now put an asking price on the house and give it 2-3 weeks (and pay the man the advertising fees - maybe a buyer will be there); or will we sit and see what happens next, or will we just hold on to it as a town house????
Options, but at least we have options, and we also have our holiday house in Twizel to live in meantime;
9 days to go, until I am up there, YAHOO!!!
3 hours ago