Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Barcelona Quilt Shops

I found this one very quickly being just a few blocks from our hotel...
 and at another, all this loveliness to tempt and welcome one into the shop...
                                                         lots and lots of eye candy..
 had to snap this one quick in between the traffic - delightful shop! And lovely lovely lady owner.. didn't speak much English tho, so not a lot of talking, and a whole lot of gesturing.. we understood one another well!
lots of bags...
                                          and even more window goodies to tempt one inside.. 
 this pink skirt is actually one whole zipper, yep - just stitched round and round and round.... and round
                                                     lots and lots more goodies in here...
                                                        and much prettiness here..
I managed to visit 10 of the 12 quilt shops, pretty darn good going really I say, the other 2 were a bit further out of town, and the blisters on my feet said no more walking by this stage, .. so time to catch up on some stitching of my own...
 ...these are 2 more blocks for Imperial Blooms, Sue Spargo's 2011 BOM. I have been rather naughty and  signed up for her 2012 BOM too ~ hooked on wool I am!!!... and I am loving all the hand embellishing... a little bit to finish on these and then 1 more block to go..
 and this stitchery is from Anni Downs' latest book "Some Kind of Wonderful" - this is for a lovely linen bag to keep all my goodies in, if you look at the top of the photo you can see the linens that I purchased from one of the above lovely shops, that I will use for this bag...
and this is a Bronwyn Hayes stitchery, but ssssssh... it's a secret!
... see you later in the week then,

8 comments:

marina said...

looks like you have been on a whirlwind tour. Those shops look very tempting. Your stitchery projects are gorgeous. Love the linens you have chosen for your bag.

Show and Tell said...

I have one word for you on this post....JELOUS.....That is all!!!!

Deb said...

Shiree, I am sitting here with my mouth open in envy. Those shops look absolutely delightful. Lots of wonderful ideas going round in the head. Love your stitcheries hun, that was the other thing I was going to ask you-have you got that Anni Downs book in the shop?

Allie said...

I am pea green with envy, girl! What fabulous shops! And in BARCELONA! Love your Sue Spargo blocks, and the stitcheries....you have been busy!

By Hoki Quilts said...

Love your Bronwyn Hayes stitchery Missy and how clever of you to find the quilt shops. Funny isn't it, you don't have to speak the 'lingo', quilt shops are just about all the same.
hugs xxxx

Tatkis said...

Wow, lucky you! I'm always trying to find craft shops in any places we visit :)

Hugs,
Tatyana

Lynette (NZ) said...

Looks like you have been having a wonderful time. Gorgeous Sue Spargo work :-)

Heather @ Keep It Thimble said...

Hello! I found your site while I was searching for quilt stores in Barcelona. I will be there in two weeks and want to visit some if I can. In your post you mention you went to 10 of the 12 shops in Barcelona. What an accomplishment! Can you point me to a resource that lists the addresses or contact info? I have been able to dig up a few places, but haven't found a master list yet....Thanks!