Tuesday, March 17, 2009

old favourites past and present.....

I have corresponding via e-mail with a few other bloggers about some of the quilts that I have done in the past, so thought that I would add some pikkies so they could see what we have been talking about, as several of them are making the same quilts now, and I really had such fun doing these.... (feels a little bit like showing off really, but honest, that is not what I am trying to do, I get SO much inspiration from other bloggers, that I really only want to share some of my quilts with you...)

This quilt is Village Green, which we all did at Thursday night quilters, Michelle led us through this quilt, and it was the first time that I did any foundation piecing, and I really enjoyed it. This was hanging on the wall at Rowing Man's surgery for ages, and many of his patients really enjoyed this one. I am really lucky to have somewhere like this to display my work, kind of like my own informal exhibition really... I cannot locate the pattern for this quilt so I am not sure where it came from, will need to think about this some more....

This quilt is from Natalie Bird's book "from the heart". This was hanging on the wall at Rowing Man's surgery until they started renovations recently,

...now it is in on the back of a sofa in our lounge until I can find somewhere else to display it. Rowing man has put in an order for something new, which of course I am working on, and will likely be another OPAM challenge.

This is another quilt that is currently adorning a sofa in our lounge - this is my interpretation of Rosalie Quinlan's "Love Is"...
and this is a better view if you want to see this whole... (although this photo looks like it was taken before it was completely finished - no binding etc, in fact it looks like it is not even completely pieced in this one )....

Cathy from the Highland Quilter is making this quilt in very pretty pastel colours. Go over and have a look.....
This is a Leanne Beasley quilt (Living the Dream) that was so much fun to do, and I used some lovely moda fabrics for this, not sure what range they are, but I am sure that some of you may quickly identify these quite easily. It is currently sitting on our bed in Twizel (holiday home) as a comforter. I mostly stitched this last summer whilst sitting lake side at Ruataniwha watching the rowing regatta's.

This is another Leanne's House quilt (below), which we also did as a Thursday Quilters Group, and I never cease to be amazed at how different each of our quilts turn out - especially given that we all start with the same pattern, but use different fabrics, and usually our own little quirks and details which individualise & personalise it as our own...

Isn't it so much fun creating.....

have fun, Shiree

3 comments:

Deb said...

Shiree, they are all absolutely lovely. So much work but worth the result aren't they.

Simone de Klerk said...

Great quilts, Shiree! And I love your Leanne's House. Very pretty colors! Thanks for showing (O:

Sally said...

Love the quilts, I am doing a Leanne quilt at the moment, its the Quilter's Journey one, doing this as a block of the month but really enjoying it,thanks for commenting on my blog, and Yes I have plenty more runs in the near future, not sure if I should be doing more or less but its good fun.