Monday, February 21, 2011

Friday Night Sew Along and an Exhibition

 Wow, how did it get to be Monday again so quickly? I am seriously concerned with how life is passing by. I have had a productive week, and the weekend saw a whole heap of things crossed off the list,  but as usual the week ends much sooner than I anticipate, leaving a longer To Do List each week.

Last week I was pretty busy with our local Art and Quilt Group Exhibition, which ran from Tuesday thru to Saturday evening, while the National Rowing Championships were held here in Twizel. and what a wonderful success this was!... and oh such fun!

 such a lovely lot of local art work,

 and this is Roberta's strippy quilt from the workshop that we had several months ago, Roberta was at my class a few weeks back and made a stunning job of her blocks,

and Friday night for the Friday Night Sew In, I was really busy, but not on my GJ quilt, 'cos I finished that the week before, but I managed to get a customer quilt done,

 ooops, should have rotated this one before I posted it, (shame on me), but if you twist your head sideways, this is the border of a very nice Kiwi quilt,
 and would you believe, that of all the koru feathers I show you, this one has a loop on the end, ....
now I believe is heading to it's new home in Switzerland
I am sure that it will be  a well loved quilt,...

I hope your week has got off to a fabulous start

 

1 comment:

Leeanne said...

Thanks for popping over to my blog, nice to stay in touch with a N.Z quilter.Your quilting is great!