Saturday, October 18, 2008

new bikes!

hello again,

it has been a bit since I last wrote on this. I am still getting the hang of it, and I must admit I have been spending a lot of time looking at other blogs. What a big blog land out there!

We have had builders in our house this week, what a mess.We are having the ceiling in our lounge relined, and extra insulation added so come next winter we will be nice and toasty warm. SO not too much sewing done at all, although I did manage the other night to find a quiet tidy spot and sit and do a little bit if stitching. So soo many projects to do....

Anyway, last Sunday we decided that we would treat ourselves and buy new bikes. Next weekend, we are off to Clyde to bike part of the rail trail, Tim is rowing the long distance race from Cromwell to Clyde (all by himself in a single scull - good luck to him I say!!), I really am an avid supporter of this rowing, so I shall be there with great gusto to cheer them on, and will be at each end of the course to help them on & off the water. Son, Cam is rowing also, I think he is part of an eights' crew. They look so spectacular those big rowing eights so watch this space for some pikkies after the event.

and on the Monday -'cos it is Labour weekend and Monday is a public holiday - Tim and I and 2 other good friends are biking in the Dusky Trail ride in Twizel - 44km up hill and down dale - very undulating area. So what fun huh.have a look at this website

but I am sure that I will get some stitching in somewhere along the way!!!


These ares some of the photos from our biking trip in Croatia recently - 6 of us biked an old Napoleonic road (left over from the time way back when Napoleon was in Croatia, and it was all rocky and up hill,






you can see by this last photo how hilly it was, and we all ended up pushing our bikes, (that is me on the side in the lavender top), but it was good to be able to say "done that!!"

cheers, Shiree

No comments: