Monday, March 30, 2009

on the move!

we are moving.. Rowing man has a new job. After 21 years of his own general practice, we are up and moving. I cannot believe it!

We heard a while back - thru the grapevine - as you do - that there was an opening for a GP in Twizel. Initially we brushed it off, being as we thought just a bit early for us to be contemplating this move - even 'tho we knew that we did want to do this in maybe 3-5 years.

Wonderful thing the future...

Ayway, to cut a very long story very short, otherwise I will be here all night.. (and you will be readin lots of waffle)..

We are moving to Twizel the last weekend in June!@#$%^&*()!!!

How is that for new beginnings??? WOW still having lots of aftershocks, and getting used to this idea.

I hover betwixt and between anticipation and apprehension...

Not sure what I will do about my job - it is such a great one, so maybe I can arrange to do some commuting, and maybe some remote work from home - who knows, antything is possible, (if you cannot find the silver lining then you create one right..),

Time for a major clean up at home, we will let our Dunedin home out, and still manage to keep our 2 Twizel homes for letting out also weekend s etc, ....maybe our holiday home can become a boutique self service bed 'n' breakfast - the opportunites are endless really... the new job comes with a house you see.

So - how can one resist waking up to this view every day then....


or this...
or this...
well, I can and do, and will be more often come July. YIPEE!

have fun, Shiree

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds exciting. Life changes can be great adventures, sending you best wishes on the big move. :D

Unknown said...

I could wake up to those views any day. I still believe that NZ has the most beautiful landscape of anywhere I've seen. How exciting for you, a new chapter in your life, what a wonderful opportunity. I don't however envy you the job of packing, yuck.

Deb said...

Closer to Christchurch yah,we may be able to get together. AND closer for the Akaroa retreat in JuLY