Monday, June 8, 2009

Idle hands, busy minds

well, I have been doing a little stitching in between huge clean ups, clean outs - whichever way you look at it lots of cleaning and tidying. Packing up a whole house is just so jolly exhausting. Rowing man and I have been really sleeping well at nights. But in between times, I have managed to do this... Gail Pan's Christmas Wish BOM, I have only done the stitching, I haven't decided what fabric I want to use yet.. still several more blocks to go yet, but plenty of time to think about this...

I visited a lovely little boutique vintage gift shop recently - Elizabeth Russell House which is a very lovely quaint shop in an old turn of the century working man's cottage, owned and run by two charming sisters. It sells delightful gifts, furniture, linens and decorative accessories - vintage, contemporary, oriental, and I found a whole heap of old embroidered doilies that I just could not leave behind, some of them I used in this...

and the other side.... it is a really neat sized bag to put those little stitching things in, grab and go!

and a little time for this - cannot yet tell you what this is for just yet ...


and this is also a Christmas WISP -The Wish Quilt - that was in the Homespun MagazineVol 9 issues 7,8, & 9. I did most of this stitching while we were traveling over New Years in Paris and Canada. Great thing about stitching - you can pretty much take it anywhere, anytime. I feel quite lost if I don't have anything to take with me.., anywhere, all the time.. , and quite desperately lost if I have nothing for my idle hands to do!!

and this last little cutie, Kris, I am sure that you will recognise this, I won this delightful pattern as a giveaway on Kris's Blog - Tagalongteddies - isn't she just the greatest! Thank you Kris!!!
I just need to decide if I will make a teeny tiny stocking, or maybe use it on a bigger stocking.


Hmmmm....

5 comments:

Deb said...

Gosh you have been a busy beaver Shiree. Love the bag, so crisp and fresh and as you say a great size.
The xmas wisp is looking great too

Cardygirl said...

Love your stitching & your bag...really nice. The christmas quilt looks great too...nice rich fabrics. You have been one VERY busy girl!

loulee said...

Oh Wow, lots of pretty things.
Your work looks delightful.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Beautiful projects. I'm loving the red work.

Leanne said...

Such a lot of things I love you Christmas stitcheries. I certainly don't envy you packing up a whole house.