Sunday, May 6, 2012

weekend retreats are soooo much fun

 Sarah Fielke was our special guest tutor at our winter weekend retreat at Pudding Hill Methven this weekend - Keep Calm & Quilt On
 and we certainly did plenty of that, I taught my Mt Cook Sunrise class, I always love teaching this, sooooooo much fun!
 a few completed blocks
 and "The Burbs" from Sarah's first book - Material Obsession
 Roz placing her stars (from "Quilting from Little Things")
 Fenella & Sarah showing off another of Sarah's wonderful creations - " A Walk in Deventer" - inspired by Sarah's visit to the Netherlands last year
 and again -
 close up of previous....
and I taught these fabric art books today, I love these, so creative and such fun!
Fenella taught "Sand in my shoes" and Michelle was a fabulous help for the weekend, it was a great weekend ladies and I really enjoyed our time together...thanks to everyone who came and made our retreat weekend so fun-filled and fantastic, you were all amazingly wonderful to be with, do come again next year!

8 comments:

marina said...

looks like there was lots of creating and inspiration going on.

Cardygirl said...

Wow! Looks like lots of fun.

Marlene said...

Looks a great weekend. love the creations. Shame work commitments stopped me from joining the fun to come in twizel.

Shane Pollard said...

Wish I lived near Twizel - I would definitely have been there!!

I will make a quilt...one day!!!
Probably out of old faded florals and I like the idea of hand stitching it!!!
You'll think I'm soft in the head!

Thanks for popping in to my blog - I'm on countdown now - my heads spinning, so many UFO's to finish!

Shane x

Allie said...

How inspiring - I love it all!!!!

carole brungar said...

Looks like you all had a very productive weekend! Your book class looks interesting!

Lynette (NZ) said...

Wonderful retreat and lovely quilts. Must have been a great weekend for creativity - had a great time at Tote & Gloat in Palmy.

Sandra said...

Love these quilts!