Sunday, April 19, 2009

Blogger Quilt Festival

Hey what a great idea this is. A virtual quilt festival, go check it out and see what everyone has been up to. there are some wonderful blogs to visit, and some absolutely fabulous quilt works. It is totally amazing how many clever people are out there, so if you want some inspiration, or if you just want to enjoy the eye candy, go have a look.

I cannot decide which is my favourite quilt - there are many that I have enjoyed making, in fact most of them, which is why I made them really - goes without saying!

This is a smaller version of New York Beauty, we all made this at my Thursday night quilt group and it was really interesting to see them all take shape and see how each others quilts ended up - it was the first time that I had ever done any foundation piecing, and I really really enjoyed it. This quilt hangs on the lounge wall of our holiday home, but this photo shows it before it was quilted and pre-binding, I know I have a better photo somewhere, but couldn't seem to find it tonight...
and this one, I did just before Christmas last year, this is a Natalie Lymer design from Cinderberry Stitches, I really enjoyed all the stitchery for this one, which hung on the wall at Rowing Man's surgery as a Christmas Quilt ( I used Moda's Holly Jolly jelly roll for this),
and maybe, just maybe, this might be my favourite, hmmmmmm... this is a hand appliqued, hand quilted Baltimore - or at least my version anyway. Some of these blocks were done whilst tramping the Akaroa trail (which by the by as just so mch fun!).anyway, pop over and see some more of this quilting extravaganza...

No comments: