Thursday, August 20, 2009

begin again, begin again...

My Christmas in July swap parcel has gone AWOL!!!

I participated in Linda and Stephanie's Christmas in July swap,

My partner was the very lovely ... and ever patient, Darlene from Quilting Daze, pop over and have a look, she does some really amazing things, her and her Wabbit!

Anyway, my parcel to her, has not made it, so I need to start over again...

soooooo, this looks like an option....

as does this... ( I stitched this last week whilst my Mum was in hospital following surgery to pin and screw her fractured arm - she is recovering really well by the way...

I love redwork, so I hope that Darlene does too!!

so next week will be busy, so I can parcel #2 in the post!

I went to the money machine today, you know that hole in the wall thing, well, right beside it was a newly opened 2nd hand store - vintage shop, whatever they are called these days, and look what I found.....

I think that it is rather cute, and will be very handy in it's second life - not as a towel rail but......

as a great quilt rack!!! Great huh...

have fun,

Shiree

15 comments:

loulee said...

You know, I keep seeing those, but they have big 'Not For Sale' tickets on em! I want one!
Sucks that your parcel went astray.

Noela said...

How terrible that your parcel didn't arrive. I always breathe a sigh of relief when mine reach there destination in one piece. Glad to hear your Mum is getting better. Cheers for now.....

Sew Useful Designs said...

Hi Shiree!

In the words of my husband(to be) - "Great rack!" he he he... sorry, I couldn't resist that one!! What a wonderful find!

Such a shame your parcel got sidetracked. The peeks of what you are making are simply gorgeous, your work is perfect! I'm glad to hear that your mum is getting better - that's great news!

Hugs!
Vikki xoox

Betsy said...

Shiree it looks like what you are making for Darlene will be just adorable.
Also your new quilt rack fits the bill. It is perfect.

Deb said...

Hi Hun, would you like a hand to get your gift to Darlene made up again. I can help out and make something for you. Let me know,hugs
The divine ms d

Anonymous said...

I am visiting this blog daily, your work is great. Keep it up....

RITA

Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about your missing parcel...don't you hate that..love what you are doing now for Darlene & Love you New Find.
cheers

Unknown said...

What a shame about your parcel but the second one is looking good !

Anonymous said...

Hia Shiree, I'm so so sorry to hear that your parcel has gone missing. It is so sad when something that so much work and good thoughts went into just disappears. The new parcel you are putting together looks lovely.

Glad your Mum is recovering.

Anonymous said...

I've had a great time reading your blog ever since I got your name in the Friendship Bag swap!

A hint ... I live in a country you've visited (according to your blog) and I have a flikr account but not a blog as yet.

I love your redwork! But I've never tried it, so no help for me there. Now I have to decide if you get the bag I already made, or if I can figure out your colour preferences I may make another to suit.

Love,
your swap partner

Simone de Klerk said...

LOVE the stitchery! I'm sure Darlene will love it!

Penny said...

How is the post office is never held accountable. I say we band together and protest. I recently sent a box to Australia and as 8 weeks is almost upon us, I am getting anxious. The quilt rack is lovely and was just made for your quilt!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Makes you wonder where these lost swap pacakages land! Sorry this happened but I think Darlene will love the redwork.

Khris said...

ohh I love redwork too...gorgeous. Hugs Khris

Jocelyn said...

Wow what a great rack! Darlene is such a sweetie. I'm sure she will be patient :-)