Tuesday, January 18, 2011

in need of a little tidy up

if I post about  it, then I have to do something about it, is that how it goes??

 this is my kitchen.. newer version that is. Rowing Man painted this on Sunday as the rowing regatta was cancelled due to winds, shame I say... (NOT - got the kitchen painted!)
 now remember that this man is the local GP and a rowing nut extraordinaire, NOT a painter, but he has done an absolutely super job of this,he is really taking on board this home renovation stuff!
 a silk purse it was never going to be, but remember this is our short term temporary home until we decide to build, so while we want it clean and tidy and liveable, we do not want to spend a ton of money, but it now needs to be put back together, and the groceries on the floor need to go on shelves and cupboards, and homes found for all the stuff that currently lives on the floor or bench

 and it might be rather nice if we can eat at the dining table tonight, (we have plans to paint these walls too, it is rather dark with that wallboard on)
and seriously, the Christmas decorations really need to be packed and put away,

soooo ... if I post that I am gonna do these things today, that means they get done???

hmmmmmmm....

7 comments:

Terry said...

If that works, I'm going to post all my UFOs on my blog so they get done too! LOL

By Hoki Quilts said...

Thanks Shiree, you and Tim have just made me feel so much better about the state of my sewing room and the laundry that is half and half decorated.

loulee said...

LOL I'm with Miche'le, suddenly I feel so much better.

suzitee said...

LOL Shiree..if only it worked that way!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Aren't handy hubbies awesome? As for sewing spaces...well mine needs a bit of tidying up too.

Unknown said...

Lets just hope there are more windy days you'll get even more done then !

Julz said...

Whats a bit of mess, bet once you put it all away you won't be able to find a thing! Well that's how it works in my messy dining room! Hugs Jx