Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Monday Monday...

well actually it is Tuesday, but don't hold that against me, feels like a whole week has gone by in the last 2 days

this was Friday nights effort for Heidi's Friday night sew-in, I  just love these nights and get so much done! But the weekend was soooo busy and I have only just found time now to blog about it..
 Rowing Man was on call all weekend and I was busy in the shop, Monday afternoon saw us up in the air, after a morning gardening...
 and the view was absolutely spectacular! Yep, we treated ourselves to an afternoon gliding, it was our Christmas present to each other
back on land, finding feet again, poor Mr Rowing Man, he had to use the barf bag, tsk tsk... mind I did feel a bit green myself by the time we got back, the winds were not that great and after initially gettin up to 6500ft, we couldn't get back up and spent ages circling trying to get a thermal to take us back up, but no luck ~ maybe another day then,

I hope you are having a great week,


7 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lovely gift to each other , besides the barf I'll bet it was great fun !

suzitee said...

Your SAL quilt is looking gorgeous...wow, you've made great progress!

loulee said...

Oooh! I went gliding at Omarama, loved it. Looks like you had a lovely day even if the wind didn't cooperate.
I admit to feeling green too, but like you, no need for the baggie.

Elyte said...

What a fabulous experience. You are braver than me. But to be rewarded by those views.

Abby and Stephanie said...

You're brave. The day looks gorgeous for gliding. Mr. Creations wants to ride in a hot air balloon...I won't even go on a ferris wheel!

What a pretty quilt you've made.

Bev C said...

Hello Shiree,

Oh you gave each other a wonderful present. The views are stunning.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Chookyblue...... said...

wow you sure did get into the GJ quilt........super work........
think I would be up chucking in the glider too........