Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy shopping!!!

Hello again,

I found a quilt shop!! ... here we are in BC Canada, and I found a quilt shp quite by mistake. Yahoo... (I am sure there are many more here,I just don't know the right places tolook, and when travelling on the highway we do not pass thru the towns so miss out), whilst we were waiting on the highway to open between Sicamous and Revelstoke today we decided to have a look around Salmon Arm, there are so many little resort towns in this district... and stumbled across this lovely shop which had so so many interesting things on display. I will take home some good ideas, and projects for the forthcoming year...
So just had to make a few purchases now didn't I. A few jelly rolls, and fat quarters, and a couple of kits and a pattern or two... And just so I would make myself feel better I got Tim to help with the choices, quite appropriate really as I am sure that he will end up with a new wallhanging quilt for his surgery.

The skiing up here is fabulous, and the snow is so amazing. We have nothing like this back home, and the ski runs are so long compared to the very short home runs, comparatively speaking. After a days skiing we sat in a wonderful hot tub for about an hour whilst all around us it continued to snow. And surprisingly it is not so cold as what one may expect.

We are heading off to Vancouver via the Whistler ski field today, weather and road closures permitting.It has taken us 3 days to get to Revelstoke, so hopefully our return trip to Vancouver will be less eventful.

Still finding some stitching time 'tho!!!

No comments: