Tuesday, January 27, 2009

WOW - what a list

well, new year and fresh start huh...

I have cleaned out my sewing studio (well actually it is rowing man's study, but he is now squashed over into the corner), and made a list of projects to be completed. What a nasty thing to do, would you believe this? I have 15.. yes 15 projects that need to be completed, some quilts only need binding, and some need just a little more. I would not have imagined that I had so many UFO's/WISP's or whatever you want to call them - they all need to be finished and ticked off the list.

Thanks (and I do mean that) to Kris at Tagalongteddies for encouraging this, both Kris and May Britt have organised the "one project a month challenge" so I will certainly be challenged. And I certainly hope it will not take me all year to finish these, I have heaps more projects in mind, and I have told myself that I really need to get these done first. So action it is!!!

Mind, there is always room for a few new projects to be thinking about, and I have these lovely fabrics to play around with. Very subtle, cool and relaxing fabrics so I shall just quietly put some thought into how I might use these...

and this is a sneak peek at one of the gifts that I have made to send to Shannon, for the Vintage Valentine swap, it is on it's way to her now in the States.


These swaps are just so much fun, but I would have heaps more time, if I could tear my self away from looking at all these wonderful blogs!!! It is so so habit forming, and whilst I really enjoy seeing what everyone is up to, it is extremely time consuming huh..

catch ya later,

Shiree

2 comments:

Julz said...

Hi Shiree, thank you for visiting my blog, is so lovely to meet other kiwi quilters :) Will definitely keep you on my bloglines so I can keep in touch. Hugs Jx

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

Hi Julz,

yes I agree it is really great to talk to NZ quilters, and see what they are up to, and hear their stories. I have become really addicted to this blogging bizzo however, and am spending quite a bit of time looking around different blogs!!! and therefore less time stitching or quilting...